Greetings from the Alaska Sea Otter and Steller Sea Lion Commission! We are so happy to be advocating for Alaska Natives, tribes, Steller sea lions and subsistence hunters and artisans. While continuing our biosampling and management planning work, we are embarking on a pilot project for monitoring Steller sea lion harvest. Please contact us if you would like more information.
We want to hear from you! If you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding marine mammal subsistence, sea lions, the changing environment or eligibility under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, please do not hesitate to contact us!
We may be reached by phone at 1-800-474-4362 (within Alaska), direct at 907-286-2377, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by messenger on Facebook. We look forward to hearing from you!
Website changes & additions
- New Post: NMFS releases guidance on deterring marine mammals
- Uploaded our spring newsletter to the Newsletter page
- New Post: NMFS just released the 5-Year status review of the Western Population of Steller Sea Lions
- Added a standalone Newsletter Page & link to our Contact Form
- Added recent publications to our resources page & reorganized
- Updated About Us
- Added 2019 copy of the MMPA to our What is Legal Page
- Added a link to the 2020 Taggers under our Sea Otter Legalities Page and Taggers and Tanneries Page